If you’ve suffered injuries due to an accident or someone else’s negligence, you deserve dedicated legal representation to help you navigate the complexities of your case. At Ben Roberts Legal Group, our Modesto personal injury lawyers are here to fight for your rights and help you secure the compensation you need for your recovery.
Why Choose Our Modesto Personal Injury Lawyers?
Exceptional Results with a Tailored Touch
With a robust legacy of delivering favorable results in diverse personal injury scenarios, our legal team’s prowess spans from navigating minor accidents to handling catastrophic injuries. We recognize the distinct nature of each injury, ensuring our strategies are meticulously crafted for every client. We closely collaborate with outside experts and use all available resources to gather evidence and chart a course designed to maximize your compensation.
Unyielding Representation and Advocacy
While insurance entities and adversaries often seek to belittle your claims, we stand as your steadfast shield. Our commitment is to preserve and assert your rights with vigor. Should negotiations reach an impasse, our readiness to present your case in court remains unwavering, all in the pursuit of the justice you rightfully deserve.
A Commitment to Your Cause: No Win, No Fee
Legal expenses should never be a barrier to justice. Our Modesto car accident attorneys are dedicated to ensuring you experience no upfront financial strain, thanks to our contingency-based fee structure. Put simply, our compensation is intrinsically tied to your success: if we don’t secure a victory for you, you owe us nothing. This empowers you to pursue justice with complete peace of mind.
Our Downtown Modesto Law Office
Car Accident Lawyers Modesto, CA
Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers
1301 G St.
Modesto, CA 95354
Phone: (209) 488-5210
Additional Neighborhoods We Serve Near Modesto
We are proud to offer comprehensive legal services to Modesto and many other surrounding communities, including:
Ceres (95307), Turlock (95380), Riverbank (95367), Oakdale (95361), Salida (95368), Escalon (95320), Waterford (95386), Hughson (95326), Empire (95319), Keyes (95328), Denair (95316)
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Modesto, California
Navigating the aftermath of an accident can be challenging. Our team of dedicated Modesto personal injury attorneys is equipped and ready to represent you in various types of cases:
- Modesto Car Accidents: If you’ve been in a car accident as a driver, passenger, or bystander, the repercussions can range from physical injuries to emotional distress. Our Modesto car accident lawyers aim to address every aspect of your case, from medical bills and property damage to lost wages and pain and suffering. We work hard to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Have questions about how to get a car accident report in Modesto? Click here if you need to assistance filing a Stanislaus County Sheriff report request. Need to file an accident report? Consult our guide on how to file a police report in Modesto, CA.
- Modesto Truck Accidents: Accidents involving commercial trucks often present more complex legal challenges due to the potential involvement of various parties – from drivers to their employers or equipment manufacturers. As the best truck accident attorneys in Modesto, CA, we’ll investigate thoroughly to hold all responsible parties accountable, covering medical expenses, property damages, lost income, and more.
- Modesto Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists face increased risks on the road, and accidents can lead to serious injuries. Our motorcycle accident lawyers understand these unique challenges and will work to secure compensation for all related medical and repair expenses.
- Modesto Bicycle Accidents: Accidents involving cyclists can arise from multiple causes, such as distracted drivers or unsafe road conditions. Our bicycle accident attorneys near you have the knowledge to handle bicycle accident claims effectively, ensuring that you’re compensated for all related medical and repair costs.
- Modesto Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrian incidents can lead to severe injuries with long-term implications. As a top-rated pedestrian accident lawyer near you, we are committed to supporting your recovery by helping you get the necessary financial support for medical treatments, therapy, lost earnings, and more.
- Modesto Slip and Fall: If you’ve suffered injuries from a slip, trip, or fall due to unsafe conditions on someone else’s premises, it can result in both physical and financial strain. As a slip and fall injury attorney, we will work diligently to determine liability and ensure property owners or managers are held accountable for your injuries and related costs.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can have profound, lasting impacts. Whether caused by a fall, vehicle accident, or another event, our traumatic brain injury lawyers will work to get you the compensation needed for ongoing medical care, lost wages, and other related expenses.
- Modesto Rideshare Accidents: Accidents involving rideshare platforms like Uber and Lyft come with their own set of legal challenges. As an experienced rideshare accident lawyer, we will ensure you’re compensated by the right parties, be it the driver, rideshare company, or another involved party.
- Modesto Spinal Cord Injuries: Injuries to the spinal cord can drastically change one’s life, resulting in huge medical bills and potential long-term care requirements. The focus of a spinal cord injury attorney near you is to help you secure the necessary financial support to manage these challenges.
Best Modesto Car Accident Lawyers Near You
Known for its rich farmland, abundance of parks, and vibrant festival scene, Modesto is a beautiful place to live and visit.
It’s also one of the worst cities for traffic accidents in California. Modesto grapples with a notable frequency of traffic accidents, surpassing what one might expect for a city of its size. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), Modesto has secured the unenviable position of being the third most dangerous city in the state concerning traffic incidents resulting in injuries and fatalities. This ranking takes into consideration the population size of each city in its assessment.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a traffic accident in Modesto, an experienced Modesto car accident lawyer can improve your chances of obtaining maximum compensation for your medical bills and other expenses. Contact Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers today to discuss your legal options.
Why Choose Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers for Your Modesto Car Accident Claim?
Since its founding, the law office of Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers has focused its practice on helping victims of personal injury and car accidents in Modesto and throughout the Central Valley seek justice and recover the compensation they deserve.
We understand how auto accidents can create hardships for injured people and their families. We can’t take away your accident or the pain and suffering it caused, but we can help alleviate the financial burden and provide peace of mind in this most challenging time. If you’re considering a car crash lawyer near you, we encourage you to contact the Modesto car accident attorneys at Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers today for your free and confidential consultation.
About Car Accidents in Modesto, California
Modesto, a central hub in California’s Central Valley, sees a not-insubstantial number of accidents due to negligence. In one recent year, Modesto alone recorded 1,726 vehicle & car accidents that resulted in fatalities or injuries. These included:
- 96 pedestrian-involved accidents
- 67 bicycle accidents
- 174 speed-related crashes
- 151 hit-and-run crashes
- 203 drunk driving crashes involving alcohol
Stepping out a bit broader to Stanislaus County, where Modesto is located, the numbers grew. The county registered an average of 3,141 car crashes resulting in injury or death. Alarmingly, an average of 196 of these accidents are attributed to distracted driving, underlining the growing threat of phone usage and other distractions behind the wheel.
While these figures are distressing, our Modesto car accident law firm also recognizes that injured accident victims are more than just a number. Every accident has a story behind it, and our car crash lawyers in Modesto are committed to getting to the bottom of your case to determine how we can best serve you during your time of need. Please contact us if you need any assistance in obtaining your Modesto police accident report or California Highway Patrol (CHP) accident report.
Total Fatalities and Injuries in Modesto, CA from 2009 to 2020Source: ots.ca.gov
How Our Modesto Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
When you’re injured, perhaps the last thing on your mind is hiring a lawyer. Understandably, you may feel pressed to think about your injuries, your medical bills, and a slew of other complexities resulting from the accident. However, you deserve to know that you are entitled to seek compensation, and rather than add to the burden you feel after an accident, a personal injury lawyer can help alleviate your mental load and will, in fact, help ensure that the path moving forward is as optimal as possible under the circumstances. By fighting for your full and fair compensation, our lawyers can help ensure that your rights are protected now and in the future.
Your Injuries May Be Worth More Than You Think
At Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, we recognize the nuances involved in evaluating the true value of a claim and understanding the short-term and potential long-term repercussions of an injury. Our car accident attorneys near you will thoroughly assess the entirety of the incident, gather pertinent evidence, consult with medical and economic experts, and determine a fair value for the case. We then tirelessly advocate on behalf of our clients, whether that means negotiating with insurance companies or, if necessary, pursuing justice in court.
Should I Accept an Offer from the Insurance Company?
After an accident, you may face extensive medical treatment. The bills can add up quickly, especially if you or your loved one cannot work while recovering from your injuries. You may not fully grasp how much your injuries will affect your and your family’s lives.
A quick offer of compensation from the insurance company can help pay bills and quickly settle your claim so you can focus on your recovery. Please don’t accept an offer before talking with a car crash lawyer near you. If you do, you may sign away your right to request more compensation if your injuries require more treatment or services or if you cannot return to your job in the same capacity as before.
During your free and confidential consultation with Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, one of our experienced lawyers can assess your injuries and other damages and the circumstances of your accident. The insurance company is likely short-changing you.
Should you retain our legal services, we will handle all negotiations with the insurance company so you can focus on your recovery. And, if the insurance company refuses to offer you a fair settlement, we will take them to court and fight for justice.
What Damages Can I Collect in a Motor Vehicle Accident in Modesto?
In a Modesto car accident claim, various damages may compensate the injured party for their losses and injuries. These damages include economic and non-economic.
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of medical treatment related to the accident, such as hospital bills, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, prescription medications, rehabilitation, and any necessary medical equipment.
- Lost earnings: If the accident causes you to miss work or decreases your earning capacity, you can claim compensation for lost income and future earning potential.
- Property damage: This covers repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle and any personal property damaged in the accident.
- Other out-of-pocket expenses: You can also seek reimbursement for other accident-related expenses, such as transportation costs to and from medical appointments, home modifications, or household services you had to hire due to your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and psychological trauma resulting from the accident and its aftermath.
- Emotional distress: Beyond physical injuries, accidents can lead to emotional distress, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Loss of consortium: If the accident significantly affects your relationship with your spouse or domestic partner, they may recover compensation for the loss of companionship, support, and intimacy.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If your injuries limit your ability to participate in activities you once enjoyed, you can seek compensation for the loss of your quality of life.
Who May You Hold Liable in a Car Accident Case?
Liability in a car accident case typically depends on who caused the accident. You must establish liability to determine financial responsibility for compensating the injured parties. In some cases, you can hold more than one party liable, and you may seek compensation from all who share the blame.
Here are some examples of parties that you can hold liable in a car accident case:
- Another driver: In many cases, another driver’s negligence or recklessness is the primary cause of a car accident. Examples of driver negligence include speeding, running red lights, texting while driving, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and failing to yield the right of way.
- Vehicle owner: If the at-fault driver was driving someone else’s vehicle with permission (such as a rental car or borrowed vehicle), you can hold the vehicle owner liable under the doctrine of vicarious liability.
- Employer: If the at-fault driver was operating a vehicle as part of their job responsibilities (such as a delivery driver or company vehicle), you could hold their employer liable for the accident under the legal principle of “respondeat superior,” which holds employers responsible for the actions of their employees during work-related activities.
- Government entity: Poor road conditions, inadequate signage, or other road hazards caused by a government entity can contribute to accidents. In such cases, you can hold the government entity liable for failing to maintain safe roads.
- Vehicle manufacturer: Sometimes, accidents occur due to vehicle or part defects. If a defect in the vehicle played a role in the accident, you can hold the manufacturer liable through a product liability claim.
- Passenger: In some cases, passengers in the at-fault driver’s vehicle may share liability if their actions (such as distracting the driver) contributed to the accident.
How Do You Prove Who’s At Fault in a Drunk Driving Case?
In a car accident claim based on negligence, you need a car accident lawyer to prove four essential elements of negligence to establish the liability of the at-fault party.
Duty of Care
The first element involves establishing that the at-fault party owed a duty of care to the injured party. For example, all drivers have a duty of care to operate their vehicles reasonably safely, and responsibly, taking into account the safety of others on the road. This duty includes obeying traffic laws, maintaining vehicle control, and avoiding actions that could harm others.
Breach of Duty
To prove negligence, you must demonstrate that the at-fault party breached their duty of care. This means they failed to meet the standard of care expected of a reasonably prudent person under similar circumstances. Examples of breaches could include speeding, running a red light, driving while distracted, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Causation involves establishing a direct link between the at-fault party’s breach of duty and the injuries or damages suffered by the injured party.
Causation includes two components:
- Cause in fact (actual cause): You must show that the at-fault party’s actions caused the accident. In other words, but for their negligence, the accident would not have occurred.
- Proximate cause (legal cause): You must demonstrate that the injuries or damages you suffered were a foreseeable consequence of the at-fault party’s breach of duty.
The final element of negligence is the existence of actual damages. A car accident claim typically involves physical injuries, property damage, medical expenses, lost income, and other measurable losses. The injured party must have suffered actual harm or damages in the accident to pursue a negligence claim.
Modesto Car Accident Laws
California is an “at-fault” or “tort” state. This means that the person who is at fault for a car accident is responsible for paying for other people’s injuries and property damage that resulted from the accident.
California law requires all drivers to carry liability insurance. This insurance covers the costs of injuries and property damage the at-fault driver causes others in an accident.
In California, the minimum liability insurance requirements are:
- $15,000 for bodily injury per person
- $30,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $5,000 for property damage per accident
In some cases, when insurance coverages do not fully cover the losses, injured parties may pursue a car accident lawsuit against the at-fault driver to seek additional compensation.
What if I Partly Caused My Car Accident Injuries?
California follows a pure comparative negligence rule in car accident cases. This considers each party’s fault when determining liability and compensation in a car accident and allocates damages accordingly.
After a car accident, insurance companies, law enforcement, or the courts will assess the actions and behaviors of all parties involved to determine their levels of fault or negligence. This assessment considers speeding, failure to yield, distracted driving, and other relevant actions or violations.
Each party involved in the accident is assigned a percentage of fault based on the assessment findings. For example, if two drivers are involved, one might bear 70 percent of the fault and the other 30 percent.
Each party must pay damages in proportion to their assigned percentage of fault.
When filing an insurance claim following an accident, the insurance companies will consider the comparative negligence rule when determining how much each party’s insurance should pay.
If the insurance company refuses a fair settlement, the comparative negligence rule will apply in court if the case goes to trial. The court will assess the evidence and arguments presented by both parties to determine the appropriate allocation of damages based on each party’s percentage of fault.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Car Accident Case in Modesto?
In California, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit, including a car accident case, generally gives you two years from the injury to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party or parties. If the injury was not discovered right away, then it is 1 year from the date the injury was discovered.
You must adhere to this statutory deadline, as failing to file your lawsuit within the prescribed time frame can result in the court dismissing your case, and you may lose the opportunity to seek compensation for your injuries and damages.
Exceptions to the statute of limitations in California car accident cases may shorten or lengthen this deadline. Given these nuances and exceptions, consult a qualified personal injury attorney as soon as possible after a car accident.
Contact the Modesto Car Accident Lawyers at Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Today
Have you found yourself searching urgently for car accident injury lawyers near me after a recent accident?
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a car accident in Modesto, an experienced car accident attorney can explain the statute of limitations that applies to your case, gather evidence, assess your legal options, and file your claim within the appropriate time frame.
Contact the top-rated auto accident law firm near you today by calling us at (209) 488-5210 or through our online form. We’ll discuss your case, answer your questions, and provide guidance on the best steps to take.
Don’t let your injuries define your future. Let us fight for your rights and fair compensation while you focus on your recovery.