Riding a motorcycle on Stockton’s roads offers unparalleled freedom, but it also comes with challenges. The open nature of motorcycles can make riders more susceptible to severe injuries when accidents occur, often through no fault of their own.
At Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, we recognize the unique hurdles motorcycle accident victims face – both physically and emotionally.
Whether it’s navigating the complexities of insurance claims, dealing with medical expenses, or simply coping with the trauma of an accident, our dedicated team of Stockton motorcycle accident attorneys is here to provide guidance, support, and a trusted hand to hold.
Motorcycle accidents are not just ‘another case’ for us. They are personal stories that demand justice. We are deeply committed to standing by your side, ensuring that your voice is heard, and working tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for you. We promise to travel with you every step of the way.
Your Guide to Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Stockton
Why Choose Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers?
Motorcycle accidents often present unique challenges, demanding a focused and tailored legal approach.
Here’s why countless individuals in Stockton have trusted Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers as their California injury attorneys:
- Proven track record: Our firm has consistently secured favorable outcomes for motorcycle accident victims in Stockton and the surrounding areas. Our results speak volumes about our dedication and effectiveness.
- Dedicated approach: You, the client, are at the heart of our practice. We prioritize your well-being, ensuring you have all the legal and emotional resources to move forward. Every client is treated with utmost respect, compassion, and understanding. Our team is always on hand to address concerns, answer questions, and provide timely updates about your case’s progress.
- Comprehensive knowledge: Navigating California’s traffic laws and regulations can be intricate. Our team possesses an in-depth understanding of the local legal landscape. We will always protect and advocate for your rights.
- Transparent fee structure: We believe in transparency and integrity. Our fees are always discussed upfront, and we operate on a contingency fee basis for motorcycle accident cases, meaning you only pay us if we win for you.
After a motorcycle accident, a reliable, caring, and effective legal team can make all the difference. Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers is that team for Stockton’s motorcycle community.
The Facts About Motorcycle Accidents in Stockton, California
The open roads and scenic beauty of San Joaquin County attract a multitude of motorcycle enthusiasts every year. However, with the freedom of riding comes the undeniable risks of accidents and fatalities.
Here’s a snapshot of motorcycle statistics both locally in San Joaquin County and across the state:
- On average, San Joaquin County witnesses over 200 motorcycle accidents leading to death or injury each year. This staggering figure underscores the vulnerability of motorcyclists in our region and the critical importance of safety precautions.
- When we zoom out to a statewide perspective, the numbers paint a concerning picture. In one recent year, motorcycle fatalities saw a 3 percent increase, rising from 549 deaths to 565.
- Even more concerning, motorcyclist deaths resulting from the absence of a helmet are also on the rise despite California’s universal helmet law for motorcyclists. Statistics indicate that these fatalities have increased by almost 10% in recent years.
These statistics are more than just numbers; they represent lives, families, and communities deeply affected by each incident. While the beauty and thrill of motorcycle riding are undeniable, these figures emphasize the importance of safety, awareness, and the dire consequences of not taking precautions like wearing a helmet.
At Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, we are dedicated to representing victims and raising awareness about motorcycle safety in Stockton and the broader San Joaquin County. Every life saved or injury prevented is a step closer to making our roads safer for everyone.
Your Legal Options for Justice After a Motorcycle Accident
California’s personal injury laws allow individuals who suffer injuries due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another party to seek compensation. With the help of an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, motorcycle accident victims have a clear legal pathway to redress. Consequently, your legal options include pursuing compensation against the negligent party or parties that caused your accident and subsequent injuries.
What if I Was Partially at Fault for the Accident?
California operates under a pure comparative negligence system. This means that if a victim is partially at fault for the accident, their compensation can be reduced by the percentage of their fault. For instance, if a motorcyclist is found to be 20 percent at fault, they can still recover 80 percent of the total damages.
Furthermore, your attorney will ensure you don’t receive more than your fair share of blame for what happened and work to maximize your compensation to fully accommodate your needs.
How Long Do I Have to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
In California, victims have two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. For motorcycle accident victims, any legal action must commence within two years of the accident. If the claim is against a government entity, the timeframe is even shorter – typically six months. However, every case is unique.
Consult our experienced attorneys for guidance regarding your particular case and any applicable deadlines.
Common Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Accidents
The nature of motorcycles – their open design and lack of structural protection – can result in riders suffering from a wide range of injuries when accidents occur.
- Road rash: This injury occurs when a rider’s skin contacts the asphalt, leading to painful abrasions. Depending on severity, road rash can be superficial or penetrate deeper layers of the skin, requiring medical treatment and potentially leaving permanent scars.
- Bone fractures: The impact of a motorcycle accident can lead to broken or fractured bones. The most common areas affected include arms, legs, wrists, and ribs.
- Head and brain injuries: Even with a helmet, riders can still suffer concussions or more severe traumatic brain injuries, which can have long-lasting cognitive, emotional, and physical effects.
- Spinal cord injuries: Accidents can damage the spine, leading to temporary or permanent paralysis and other neurological impairments.
- Internal Injuries: A collision can damage internal organs, leading to internal bleeding or organ failure.
- Lower extremity injuries: Riders often suffer injuries to their feet, legs, and hips in crashes, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to severe compound fractures.
Our attorneys understand the impact of these injuries — we also know that pursuing legal remedies is essential for victims to ensure they receive the justice and compensation they deserve.
Seeking Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victims
At Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, we aim to ensure that motorcycle accident victims in Stockton are fully informed about their injuries and the legal avenues available to them, helping them secure the justice they rightfully deserve.
Some of the damages you may claim in a motorcycle accident lawsuit include:
- Medical expenses: Victims can claim compensation for medical bills, both current and future, related to the accident. This includes hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, and any necessary medical equipment.
- Lost income: If the injury results in time away from work, a victim can seek compensation for lost wages and potential future earnings, particularly if the injury impacts long-term work capabilities.
- Pain and suffering: This pertains to the non-economic damages, recognizing the physical pain and emotional distress a victim endures due to the accident.
- Property damage: Compensation can be sought for damages to the motorcycle and any personal belongings affected in the accident.
- Wrongful death: In the unfortunate event that a motorcycle accident results in death, family members can pursue a wrongful death claim, seeking compensation for funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and more.
For motorcycle accidents involving catastrophic injuries or the tragic loss of a loved one, the compensation in such claims will typically increase, reflecting the exponential damages faced by accident victims and their families. Our lawyers work to ensure that you receive everything you’re owed and hold those responsible for your losses fully accountable.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Will Help You Pursue Justice
At Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers, we offer a comprehensive suite of services tailored to meet the specific needs of overwhelmed motorcycle accident victims in Stockton.
We Offer Free Initial Consultations and Personalized Attention
We offer a no-obligation consultation to discuss the specifics of your situation and provide clear guidance on the next steps.
We Investigate Your Accident Thoroughly
Every motorcycle accident has a story behind it. Our team commits to uncovering every detail by gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, analyzing accident reports, and collaborating with accident reconstruction specialists. We leave no stone unturned when building a strong case for you.
We Employ Medical Liaison and Outside Experts
Ensuring that you receive proper medical care is paramount. We collaborate closely with a network of medical professionals in Stockton to ensure your injuries are thoroughly assessed and documented. This not only aids in your recovery but also in quantifying damages for your claim.
We Will Negotiate Toward Full Compensation
Insurance companies often aim to minimize payouts. Our seasoned attorneys are adept at negotiating with insurance adjusters, ensuring you receive the fair compensation you deserve.
If a fair settlement cannot be reached outside of court, we fully prepare to take your case to trial. With aggressive representation and a meticulous approach, we’ll powerfully present your side of the story as we seek justice for you.
We alleviate the stress of the legal process, allowing you to focus on recovery. With Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers by your side, we will handle every aspect of your case with precision and care.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an attorney to file a personal injury claim?
Yes. Skilled motorcycle accident attorneys understand the nuances of California law, filing your claim correctly and within the stipulated timeframe.
Additionally, these legal professionals have the resources to gather essential evidence, from accessing security camera footage to working with accident reconstruction professionals. Furthermore, you can’t be sure that the settlement offer you receive is what your case is truly worth without an attorney who will effectively negotiate with insurance adjusters, ensuring you receive fair compensation.
If your case goes to court, you need an attorney for your case to succeed.
What if I was not wearing a helmet during the accident?
In California, helmet laws require all motorcycle riders to wear helmets. If you weren’t wearing one during the accident, your compensation might decrease due to California’s comparative negligence rules. However, not wearing a helmet doesn’t bar you from filing a claim — while not wearing a helmet violates state law, the primary focus in a personal injury claim is the negligence that caused the accident, not the helmet use of the injured rider.
How is fault determined in a motorcycle accident?
Determining fault is a multi-faceted process that involves various methods and tools. As experienced motorcycle accident attorneys, we may use police reports, witness statements, accident reconstruction specialists, evidence from the scene, and other sources of evidence, depending on the circumstances.
How do attorney fees work in personal injury cases?
Our personal injury attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning our clients don’t have to pay any upfront fees. Your attorney will only collect a fee if you receive a settlement or win your case in court. Since our payment depends on the case’s outcome, it inherently incentivizes us to secure the best possible result for you.
Start on the Road to Securing Your Future
Motorcycle accidents can be life-altering, with physical, emotional, and financial repercussions that last for years. Don’t navigate this challenging journey alone.
Let the Stockton personal injury attorney at Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers stand by your side and work diligently to secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today or call us at (209) 488-5327 for your free consultation, and let us turn your fight for justice into a shared mission.
Our Office in Stockton, California
Roberts Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers
11 S San Joaquin St, Ste 610,
Stockton, CA, 95202